I want to read again

Reading was something I used to enjoy when I was a teenager. I used to cherish almost every kind of books from romance to history to fantasy and the list goes on. There were times I stayed awake all night to finish a book and sleep peacefully. I would be at stress if I did not finish the book. Many times I got caught in school reading books under the desk when the teacher was teaching.⁣

Library was my go to place when I was sad or happy. I had a beautiful connection with it. I loved going through the shelves and used to check out all the new additions. It brought lot of happiness within me. I know it sounds crazy but only book lovers will understand what I am trying to convey. ⁣

Sitting in a cozy couch with a cup of coffee to drink and a good book to read was something I used to look forward to after a long day at school. ⁣

But sadly gone are the days I enjoyed books. I no longer find contentment in reading. I don't look forward to finish or start a book. It all started after my son was born. I was so busy and caught up with chores and taking care of my family and also my mental health was not in a good state due to that I never felt like reading. After a long day I would just collapse on bed and the books on the shelf staring at me as if asking me to pick them and read. I would just turn away and sleep with guilt. ⁣

After few months of mental battle I finally picked a book from the shelf which was filled with dust and decided to give it a go. Guess what? I was just reading but my mind was somewhere else. I was completely lost. I tried reading that page over and over again and everytime I end up getting lost. Eventually I managed to read a chapter and kept it back. And decided to continue the book later that day but it never happened. In fact I forgot I started a book. After few days I was cleaning the book shelf, which made me go through all the books and I found one. I started reading it until I completed 2 chapters and kept it back thinking to come back and finish the book but sadly it never happened. It repeated many times. I was not consistent. ⁣

Over the days I noticed that my mobile phone was the reason why I did not enjoy reading books. Everytime I read a book, i would get distracted from a notification in my mobile and leave the book open and get carried away with my phone. I feel guilty after I realise. ⁣

I am still suffering. I find it hard to stick to one book. It's been almost 2 years I did not complete even a book. Maybe one day I will regain my old habit of reading books and it is in my bucket list. ⁣

Hope you enjoyed my post. Please share your story in the comment section what is one thing you lost and really want to get it back? I would love to hear from you. And lastly don't forget to subscribe so you will get notification everytime I post.

Post a Comment

0 Comments