Tips to survive as a mom


The moment you become a mother everything changes. Motherhood is difficult and of course it is a blessing. It looks easy from outside but once you become a mother, everything changes. 
You turn into a complete different person. Initially you struggle a lot later it gets little easier. The initial stage of post pregnancy is horrible. I am speaking from experience. Especially after going through C-section, the amount of pain I experienced is beyond words. First three months I couldn't enjoy with my baby due to the pain. I felt weak and hopeless. Sleepless nights were my new best friend. Breastfeeding was painful. there are plenty of things a mother endures during and after pregnancy. I can go on forever. It will never end. 

So with time I realized I need to survive and live my life with happiness and contentment. I was determined to search for peace. Honestly it was hard, it did not happen over night and I am still struggling. Not like my life is perfect now but it is way more better than before. The few tips I am going to share in this blog can help you too if you are a new mommy or old. Before I begin I want to make one thing clear, I am not any psychologist or doctor or counselor or any expert. I am just like you, all over the place trying to get some peace of mind and help others to survive too. Trust me they can help you the way it did for me. 

The first main and important tip is love and embrace yourself no matter what and know your worth. You are a mother to your child or children. It is a huge thing. you went through a lot and gave up almost everything just to make sure your baby is safe and happy. You carried your baby for nine months in your womb. No man can do that only mothers can do that. I know it is easier said than done. But believe me once you build that, then nothing can harm you and you become stronger. You become independent. i struggled too. There was no self love in my dictionary. You need to work really hard to build that. it could be by reading books about self love or watching videos. Self contemplation helps in developing self love too. When you love yourself, you become confident and successful. 

The second tip is get occupied with something you like or you are passionate about. I am telling you it will make a big difference. When you have something to do, you start living. When my son was born, I was just busy taking care of my son for almost 1 year. I used to feel like a loser because I was not being productive and not doing enough. I felt like I was behind and all my friends were ahead of me. I went into depression. Life was crazy. I felt empty inside. For once I thought I was never gonna be able to achieve my goals. Until one day I decided it was enough and I need to get occupied. It helps a lot and you feel good about yourself. You gain confidence too. If you are wondering what to get occupied with let me share few examples, you can start your own bakery line if you are good at baking, you can start writing a book or start blogging if you are a good writer, start an Instagram page to share your unique recipes, the list goes on. And this makes you look forward to your days. 

The next tip is get help. It is okay to get help and there is no problem with that. Ask your partner or your sister or mother or anyone in the family to look after the baby while you get other things done even if it is for napping. Do it. You need to be sane in order to look after your baby and you can do it only by charging yourself. You can  hire a helper if you can and there is no need to feel guilty or feel like you are not a good mother. If people judge you let them do that. You know what is best for you and for your child. 

The final tip is embrace the moment, embrace the changes. Now things are different, you need to cope up. Don't let anything bother you. Be with the ones who uplifts your mood and supports you, be with the people who spreads positive energy. And lastly be you. Don't compare your parenting styles with others. You are born with your unique talents and I know you will rock it super mama. 

Hope you enjoyed my post and found it beneficial. Pls don't forget to follow and subscribe. Let me know in the comments what are the tips you followed when you became a new mom. 


Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Heba this is such a great post! I can fully relate to everything you’ve written here and the tips are really good! Great job.
    Kudos for getting through that initial rocky period of mommyhood and for starting this lovely blog. Wishing you lots of success :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete